ASN Morning Read: Things Fabian Johnson Does
September 22, 2016
- Hey look, a goal:"Rescuses a point" is my favorite silly soccer turn of phrase.
- Fabian Johnson fact:
Fabian Johnson has scored in his 6th Bundelisga season, tying Jermaine Jones for 2nd-most by an American international (Thomas Dooley 9).— Paul Carr (@PCarrESPN) September 21, 2016
- John Brooks will be out until at least October 1. And also, "Coach Jürgen Klinsmann said the U.S. team has to keep a close eye on Brooks even when he's healthy because his 6'6" frame struggles on long flights, even in business class, and he tends to get back spasms when he returns to Germany."
- And then there's this guy:
18-year-old American defender Cameron Carter-Vickers makes his Tottenham debut today, starting in the League Cup against Gillingham.— Paul Carr (@PCarrESPN) September 21, 2016
- Keegan Rosenberry and Wil Trapp highlight spots six through 10 on MLS's 24 Under 24 list.
- Donovan on returning to the United States national team: "If I felt I could actually help and contribute? Then yeah, of course [I’d suit up]. That's a million miles away, I've played a total of like 20 minutes now in two years."