ASN Morning Read: The Key to Youth Development
It's cool headphones, obviously. What if America's best athletes played soccer and had Beats by Dre and Apple headphones that they could wear at all times, even during games? World Cup winners.
BY Noah Davis Posted
July 18, 2016
July 18, 2016
- U.S. Soccer development is... ¯\_(?)_/¯. Personally, I liked this bit from Mike Sorber: "Development is more art than science. In Germany they're not all playing in the street. German kids play video games, too. But you do have to have little pieces that keep feeding the fire. That can be a coach that gives you a piece of information, or being on a team where you play a lot and you get to explore things yourself and develop not just technical skills but the ability to solve problems, for your brain to pick up certain cues. That's complicated. You can't write that in a book. I think a big problem that we have is we're too focused on the individual, not focused on the team. And so this whole idea of technical ability and who's talented and who skillful, there are a lot of guys that are talented and skillful and have some soccer brains. But where we're coming up short lately is putting it together."
- Real Salt Lake got mad at a columnist and pulled his credentials. This isn't going to end well.
- Mallory Pugh tells ASN: Rio "Means the World to Me"
- From last week, but an argument that Oscar Pareja should be the United States' next national team coach. They call him "The Youth Whisperer" for a reason.
- Your MLS All-Star roster:
Goalkeepers: David Bingham (San Jose Earthquakes), Andre Blake (Philadelphia Union)
Defenders: Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Steve Birnbaum (D.C. United), Laurent Ciman (Montreal Impact), Andrew Farrell (New England Revolution), Liam Ridgewell (Portland Timbers), Keegan Rosenberry (Philadelphia Union), Brandon Vincent (Chicago Fire), Kendall Waston (Vancouver Whitecaps FC)
Midfielders: Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Mauro Diaz (FC Dallas), Giovani dos Santos (LA Galaxy), Jermaine Jones (Colorado Rapids), Kaká (Orlando City SC), Sacha Kljestan (New York Red Bulls), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers), Andrea Pirlo (New York City FC), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC)
Forwards: Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Didier Drogba (Montreal Impact), Sebastian Giovinco (Toronto FC), Cyle Larin (Orlando City SC), Ignacio Piatti (Montreal Impact), David Villa (New York City FC), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)
- Here's an article about the U.S. already having a Golden Generation that many people disagreed with. Is that because they don't want to admit it's true or because it's wrong? Hmmmmmm.
- This makes me want to buy all the Brad Evans' jerserys:
Finally... I've spent SO much money to get on the list. https://t.co/we8jr75vc1— Brad Evans (@brad_evans3) July 15, 2016