ASN Morning Read: Josh Sargent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's halftime in the United States Under-20's group stage match against Senegal (FS1) and the 17-year-old forward has himself another lovely goal; Landon Donovan talks living in California; Being a backup.
BY Noah Davis Posted
May 25, 2017
May 25, 2017
- We're trying to stay even-keeled but also:
JOSH SARGENT HYPE TRAIN CANNOT BE STOPPED pic.twitter.com/riXCplW2Do— Yamil Asad liker (@RobUsry) May 25, 2017
- He's off to Werder Bremen, reportedly.
- On the bad news side: "U.S. Under-20 and Arsenal midfielder Gedion Zelalem reportedly tore his ACL in the Americans' opening game of the FIFA U-20 World Cup in South Korea and is set for a lengthy stint on the sidelines."
- Landon Donovan loves California.
- This is a very enjoyable story: "Billy Heavner is in goalkeeper limbo.The Landisville, Pennsylvania, native is officially an MLS player and has a contract with the league to prove it. Every week he trains with Sporting Kansas City and benefits from most of the professional accoutrements that entails.But Heavner isn't officially on Kansas City's roster. In fact, he is a man without a team at all -- that is until a general manager somewhere decides he has a goalkeeper emergency and needs cover. Maybe there has been a glut of injuries to the keepers, perhaps a red card. Regardless, when a team's goalkeeping ranks get thinned, Heavner is the man who gets the call and he must embark for a new team at a moment's notice."