ASN Morning Read: Mr. Jones to La La Land
December 14, 2016
- "The LA Galaxy acquired the MLS rights to U.S. international Jermaine Jones from the Colorado Rapids on Tuesday.Jones is out of contract with the Rapids and the move clears the way for him to negotiate a new deal with LA.In exchange, the Rapids received the Galaxy's top pick in the 2017 MLS SuperDraft and general allocation money."
- Is that a good trade? A bad one? Who knows! For one, we'll never know how much allocation money the Rapids got. Part two: can Jones stay healthy? If nothing else, the midfielder reunites with his boy Charlie Sheen, which is enough to make it a great trade in my book.
- Speaking of trades:
I'm in, set it up! https://t.co/CzMjFHQnqU— DaMarcus Beasley (@DaMarcusBeasley) December 13, 2016
- Tobin Heath is the United States Women's Soccer Player of the Year, which is exactly what I predicted would happen on the last American Soccer Now in 10 or 15 Minutes podcast and Jon laughed at me, not that I'm bitter or anything.
- The MLS Expansion Draft happened and some players got picked.
- Classy guy, that Michael Bradley:
Toronto, I'm sorry. Sorry we couldn't give you the perfect ending. The ending that every single one of you deserved. Sports can be cruel. Not for the faint of heart. And Saturday night was the perfect example. We left our hearts and souls on the field. For each other. For you. For the city. And just like that it was over. Dreams shattered. Tears shed. But its not finished. It doesn't end like this. I landed in Toronto on a cold night almost three years ago. Ready to give you everything. And believe me when I say I have. And then some. I've made mistakes. Plenty of them. But always with one thing in mind. To give you the team you deserve and nights you'd never forget. If there's one thing I've learned along the way it's that it wouldn't be Toronto if it came too easy. The pain and heartbreak of the last two days have made one thing very clear. I've never been more proud to call TFC my club and Toronto my home. Together our time will come. #AllForOne