ASN Morning Read: Friendly Only A Day Away
Tomorrow's tune-up in Frisco against Ecuador provides a better opportunity to assess the team just weeks away from the Copa America; Now changing the culture in Philly, Earnie Stewart speaks out.
BY Jesse Yomtov Posted
May 24, 2016
May 24, 2016
- How would you line the team up for Wednesday’s friendly against Ecuador? Tell us.
- Player ratings from Sunday’s win against Puerto Rico.
- Fear not for Timmy Chandler:
Per U.S. spokesman, Timmy Chandler texted #usmnt assistant coach Andi Herzog to tell him he's OK, will report tomorrow as scheduled.— Doug McIntyre (@DougMacESPN) May 23, 2016
- Kellyn Acosta was added to the squad for tomorrow's game.
- Mix Diskerud isn’t on the 23-man roster for the Copa America, but still excited about the tournament: “Klinsmann said that if any midfielder gets incapacitated before June 4, he will have to make a new decision, so I am still on the team. So [are] the rest of the 40 players on the early roster.”
- Earnie Stewart on former teammate Freddy Adu’s 2004 rookie season in D.C.: "He was 14 years old, very talented but only practiced once a day. That was it. The rest of the time, he was doing interviews or appearances. If there's something you should be doing at 14 years old, it's being on the field the whole time and mastering what you could be very good at. I could not stand those things.”
- On the match last summer that "changed everything” for Carli Lloyd and her quest to become the best ever.