ASN Morning Read: Bruce Bruce Bruce Arena
The new United States head coach goes on a media tour of Manhattan, and it seems like he's having a good time; Arena sure is quotable; a lot of his former players think he's a good choice to lead the Americans.
BY Noah Davis Posted
November 30, 2016
November 30, 2016
- Mr. Arena went to New York City yesterday and talked with reporters: "In March 2015, Jurgen Klinsmann sat in a hotel conference room in Philadelphia and explained to reporters — in a presentation complete with a PowerPoint element — his vision for how the United States national team would crest toward the 2018 World Cup. On Tuesday, sitting in a hotel conference room in New York, Bruce Arena—one week after replacing Klinsmann as the team’s coach—did the same. The differences were considerable, and a particularly noticeable one was the importance of data and analytics to each coach."
- "We're not gonna look like Barcelona," Arena said.
- "He still has a big tank," is the most accurate quote about Jermaine Jones.
- U.S. Soccer Veterans Agree: Arena is the Right Choice
- "United States international Lynden Gooch was stretchered off with an ankle injury while playing for Sunderland's under-23 side on Monday. Gooch, 20, appeared to land awkwardly on his left ankle following a challenge in the 27th minute. Sunderland manager David Moyes came out of the stands to check on Gooch as he was being treated, before he was carried off the pitch."
Bruce Arena says #USMNT player pool ~50-60 right now, ~30 of which will be in Jan camp. One of big needs, he says: Better passer in midfield— Jeff Kassouf (@JeffKassouf) November 29, 2016
- Jurgen Klinsmann's 5 Best Achievements as U.S. Boss
- The United States U-17s play Portugal in their opening match of the Nike Friendlies tonight at 7pm.