ASN Morning Read: Kitchen Gets Stamp of Approval
While Perry Kitchen's participation in the Copa America could interfere with his club's preseason, the 24-year-old's manager stands behind him "100 percent"; Sepp Blatter is understandably scared of extradition.
BY Jesse Yomtov Posted
May 10, 2016
May 10, 2016
- Perry Kitchen’s coach at Hearts is excited about the possibility of the 24-year-old playing for the national team this summer. “I said to him we’d back him 100 percent no matter how long he’s away,” Robbie Neilson said. “It’s great for him and it’s good for the prestige of the club and the league that we can get a guy playing in Scotland that is hopefully going to go to the Copa America.”
- What should the final Copa America roster look like? You tell us. Also, how should the team line up in the friendly against Puerto Rico?
- A look at the zany logistics and possible roster construction from Steven Goff.
- Sepp Blatter says he won’t travel to the European Championship in France because he fears he could be extradited. “As long as this affair involving American authorities is running, I will not go to all the countries in the world,” Blatter said. "There are places where Swiss people have had bad experiences. It's the case with a banker who went to Italy and found himself in New York.”
- The Copa America is Major League Soccer’s time to shine.